1.1 At Support for Education (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.2 This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Its purpose is to set out our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated in accordance with the following principals:
- The right to be informed (this policy should be made available upon request)
- The right of access (Information to be provided within 28 days)
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
1.3 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Support for Education of 222 Flaxley
Road. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Jennifer Palmer.
2 Data Collection
2.2 If your child is accepted for tutoring, we will process the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address
- Your child’s name, date of birth.
- A telephone number to be used in case of any emergency
2.3 Any information held on a paper document will be kept in a locked cabinet.
2.4 Any information kept about you on a mobile phone will be encrypted and the phone will be passcode protected.
3 How do we use this information?
3.1 Information you give to us will be used as follows:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To comply with any legal and/ or legitimate business requirements.
- As part of our efforts to keep our service safe and secure.
3.2 What we will not do with your information.
- We will never share any information you have given us with a third party unless we are legally required to do so or there is a medical emergency.
3.3 We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Support for Education or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Support for Education, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3.4 No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
4 Retention of data
4.1 How long do we keep your information for?
- We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
5 Your Rights
5.1 If at any point you wish to know which Information we are processing about you, or if you do not wish for us to process your Information anymore or if you believe the Information we process on you is incorrect or obsolete you can request to see this Information and/or have it corrected or deleted by us by contacting us at email@example.com .
- If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Information, please contact us at the email address above to have the matter investigated.
5.2 If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your Information not in accordance with the law you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/ (REF: ZA410937)